The Service Rifle League Usually runs on the second Sunday of each month March through November. Please check the calendar on the webpage
In addition to Service Rifle, the league runs Service Pistol and Sniper Rifle matches as well.
F-Class runs alongside Service Rifle and NRA Large Bore matches.
Service Rifle and NRA Matches:
- Any Service type rifle from any country from any time period (or reasonable facsimile thereof) If you think it should have or could have been used as a service rifle then use it!
- Optics limit of 4X. Variable scopes that can be set for 4X are allowed.
- Should be capable of 10 rounds in 30 seconds, from two 5-round magazines. Bolt action rifles that can use a 10 round magazine may use a single magazine.
- No artificial support. Including bi-pods and resting of magazines on the ground. slings are allowed and encouraged.
- 40 Rounds
Sniper Rifle and Sniper Team Matches:
- Any rifle any sight (For Sniper)
- Service rifle, (as above for spotter)
- Bi-pod or shooting bag for support is permissible, although some shots may be unsupported from various positions. Slings are allowed, single point is allowed
- 20 Rounds (For Sniper Matches)
- 40 rounds (For Sniper team Matches) Each shooter will fire both positions.
- Any rifle any sight
- Optics are unlimited
- Any supports are permissible
- Shooter can use any position, including bench
- 40 Rounds
- Any service pistol or revolver from any country from any time period (or reasonable facsimile thereof)
- Two magazines/speed-loaders/chargers
Holster is optional
- 50 rounds
Course of Fire For Service Rifle Matches and NRA Matches
Course of fire for Service Rifle match (# 1)
5 rounds sitting, 3 minutes
5 rounds sitting snap, 1 round for each 5 second exposure
5 rounds Prone, 3 minutes
5 rounds Prone snap, 1 round for each 5 second exposure
10 rounds prone rapid in 30 seconds, (2 magazines)
5 rounds prone snap, 1 round for each 3 seconds exposure
5 rounds sitting snap, 1 round for each 3 second exposure
Course of fire for NRA 300 and 200m Service Rifle match (# 2)
200m and 300m
10 rounds slow fire standing 10 minutes
10 rounds slow fire kneeling 10 minutes
10 rounds rapid fire sitting 1 minute
10 rounds rapid fire prone 1 minute
Course of Fire for NRA 500m Match (Joe Leger Match) (# 3)
200m Slow, Standing 10 rounds 1 min/shot
200m Rapid, Sitting from Standing 10 rounds 60 sec
300m Rapid, Prone from Standing 10 rounds 70 sec
500m Slow, Prone 10 rounds 1 min/shot
Course of Fire for Sniper Matches will be given to the shooters the morning of the respective match
League Director: Scott Stack email@example.com
Start Time is 11:00 AM
All matches are conducted on Range #1 (200/300/500m)
Match fee is $5 for CHAS members, $25 for non-members (includes CHAS guest day-pass)
2019 Match Types and Date
18 Aug Service Rifle (Course of fire Match # 1)
15 Sept Sniper Rifle (Course of fire to be announced)
13 Oct Service Rifle (Course of fire Match # 1)
10 Nov Sniper Team (Course of fire Rifle To be announced)