2023 Memberships are now open for the year.
This year we have a new system, please read the following so there are no issues getting your membership to you.
New and Renewing Member Steps:
- Set up a new membership portal account. Click Here
- Upload a picture to your profile (This will be your photo on your membership card) Head & shoulders, bright (face your light source such as a window). Avoid half face shadows. Face must be unobstructed. A simple photo taken with your cell phone works best.
- Submit the membership application fee of $225.00 for the 2023 year (January 1st to December 31st)
- Complete the orientation and score 80% or better
- EMT sent to [email protected] (Preferred)
- Check or Money Order mailed to us
- Cash, Check, Money Order, or Debit/Credit at Monthly Meetings
- Cash, Check, Money Order, or Debit/Credit at Tundra Supply (15355 116 Ave, Edmonton, Alberta)
Things that hold up your application:
- Payments under a different name or company name with no indication who it is for
- Waiting for a picture
- Sending the wrong amount of payment
When an application is received, I look for all required information. If I’m missing any I need to take time to email and request it. At that time your application goes onto the “complete when information comes in” pile. I will endeavor to complete it as soon as I can.
Membership quick facts:
- Membership fee for 2023 is $ 225.00
- Memberships are valid for the calendar year, From Jan 1 to Dec 31 and are not pro-rated. It is best to buy early in the year to get the most value out of your membership
- Memberships for the following year are available after each Annual General Meeting in November
- Members are able to use the CHAS outdoor range at Genesee, as well as our indoor passes at Phoenix on Tuesday evenings.
- You may take guests to the outdoor range, but they must pay $20 guest fee each. See full guest policy for more details.
Applying for a New or Renewing Membership by mail:
If you would prefer to mail in your application and pay by cheque or money order, please fill out and print the 2023 CHAS Membership Form.
Please do not send cash in the mail!
We do not accept “Post Dated” cheques.
Please make your cheque or money order payable to “The Canadian Historical Arms Society”. Make sure the cheque you are using has the name of the applicant on it and in the case of a renewal, please put your membership number in the “Memo” line, then send to:
Canadian Historical Arms Society
P. O. Box 901
- How long does it take before I can go to the range?
It may be up to 3 weeks before your card arrives in the mail.
- I got my card, now what?
Read through the CHAS / Genesee Range Rules and Regulations before heading out to the range, and have fun!
Click here to see more frequently asked questions
Society Bylaws are available upon request to the secretary.