YES! We now accept EMT (Electronic Money Transfer)
From your banking app, direct your payment to:
Very important, put your member name/number on the subject line.
IF YOU DO NOT PUT YOUR NAME OR MEMBERSHIP # IN YOUR EMT FOR PAYMENT WE HAVE NO WAY OF KNOWING WHO’S PAYMENT YOU ARE SENDING!
Please remember to fill out the correct form. If you are a renewing member and you fill out the new member form, this could delay processing your renewal.
If you are a new member, do all 4 steps;
If you are a renewal member, please submit;
Things that hold up your application:
- Payments under a different name
- Waiting for a picture
- Not having the same name on all of these submissions.
USE THE SAME NAME FOR EACH THING
a. The name on your APPLICATION, ( Put your first name and last names in the correct places, what ever way you put it, that’s how it will show up on your membership card)
b. The name on your ORIENTATION,
c. The name on your PAYMENT and
d. The name on your PHOTO.
These need to be all the same name, the way you want it on your membership card.
It takes time to puzzle this all out and your membership card will be delayed.
When an application is received, I look for all required information. If I’m missing any I need to take time to email and request it. At that time your application goes onto the “complete when information comes in” pile. I will endeavor to complete it as soon as I can.
I hope this helps answer questions and not generate more.
Thank you all for your patience.
Membership quick facts:
If you were not a member of CHAS in 2019, you must complete the on-line orientation.
- Membership fee for 2020 is $ 200.00
- Memberships are valid for the calendar year, From Jan 1 to Dec 31 and are not pro-rated. It is best to buy early in the year to get the most value out of your membership
- Memberships for the following year are available after each Annual General Meeting in November
- Members are able to use the CHAS outdoor range at Genesee, as well as our indoor passes at Phoenix on Tuesday evenings.
- You may take guests to the range, but they must pay $20 guest fee each. See full guest policy for more details.
Applying for a New Membership Online:
Clicking on the underlined section will take you to the required video, forms and pages.
- Watch the range orientation video
- Review our rules and regulations
- range orientation & rules questionnaire and score 80% or better.
- Email a photo of your face to firstname.lastname@example.org
Head & shoulders, bright (face your light source such as a window).
Avoid half face shadows. Face must be unobstructed
A simple jpeg taken with your cell phone works best.
Note: Please do not send picture by mail, this will delay the processing of your membership. A new picture at renewal is welcome but not necessary, however, your photo should actually look like you, we are not a dating sight, we don’t care what you look like, just that you match your photo.
Complete the necessary form and payment: Forms are below.
If you would prefer to mail in your application and pay by cheque or money order, please fill out and print the CHAS 2020 Membership Form
Please make your cheque or money order payable to CHAS. Make sure the cheque you are using has the name of the applicant on it and in the case of a renewal, please put your membership number in the “Memo” line, then send to:
Canadian Historical Arms Society
P. O. Box 901
You may also pay by cheque, money order or cash at one of our monthly meetings.
We do not accept “Post Dated” cheques.