If you are a new member, do all 4 steps,
orientation and picture.
Things that hold up your application,
payments under a different name (if I’m unaware of it),
waiting for a picture or orientation.
When I receive your application I look for all required information. If I’m missing any I need to take time to email and request it. At that time your application goes onto the “complete when information comes in” pile. I will endeavor to complete it as soon as I can.
I hope this helps answer questions and not generate more.
Thank you all for your patience.
Membership quick facts:
If you were not a member of CHAS in 2018, you must complete the on-line orientation.
- Membership fee for 2019 is $ 200.00
- Memberships are valid for the calendar year, From Jan 1 to Dec 31 and are not pro-rated. It is best to buy early in the year to get the most value out of your membership
- Memberships for the following year are available after each AGM in November
- Members are able to use the CHAS outdoor range at Genesee, as well as our indoor passes at Phoenix on Tuesday evenings.
- You may take guests to the range, but they must pay $20 guest fee each. See full guest policy for more details.
Applying for a New Membership Online:
Clicking on the underlined section will take you to the required forms and pages.
- Read the range orientation and watch the range orientation video
- Review our rules and regulations
- range orientation & rules exam and score 80% or better.
- Email a photo of your face to firstname.lastname@example.org
Head & shoulders, bright (face your light source such as a window).
Avoid half face shadows. Face must be unobstructed
A simple jpeg taken with your cell phone works best.
Note: Sending a picture by mail will delay the processing of your membership.
A new picture at renewal is welcome.
Complete the necessary form and payment: Forms are below.
When paying by paypal, please make sure the applicants name appears on the paypal information.
If you would prefer to mail in your application and pay by cheque please print out the CHAS 2019 Membership Form and send both to:
Canadian Historical Arms Society
Box 901, Edmonton, AB,
You may also pay by cheque or cash at one of our monthly meetings.
Please make sure the cheque you are using has the name of the applicant on it and in the case of a renewal, please put your membership number in the “Memo” line.
We do not accept “Post Dated” cheques.
- How long does it take before I can go to the range?
It may be up to 3 weeks before your card arrives in the mail.
- I got my card, now what?
Read through the CHAS / Genesee Range Rules and Regulations before heading out to the range, and have fun!
Click here to see more frequently asked questions