The Canadian Historical Arms Society was founded in 1967 by a group of individuals interested in the collection, preservation, and application of all categories of arms, from bayonet and Samurai swords, antique and modern military arms and accoutrements to black powder muzzleloaders.
Today CHAS members are of diverse ages, backgrounds, and ethnicities. Club members include everyone from students, homemakers, farmers and Armed Forces members to realtors, teachers, doctors and accountants.
CHAS undertakes a wide variety of activities throughout the year. In addition to hosting monthly meetings, hosting a web site, and supporting a number of local charities, the club provides access to both indoor and outdoor ranges for its members to encourage active participation in shooting sports. CHAS owns the Genesee outdoor range southwest of Edmonton which is one of the best outdoor shooting facilities in the region. The club also hosts a number of shooting leagues and events at the range.
The Canadian Historical Arms Society is a registered not-for-profit society in Alberta, founded in 1967
The Objects of the society are:
- To provide our members with a means to discuss historical artifacts and arms
- To encourage the safe handling of and respect for arms
- To further the knowledge of our members as to the history of arms and their restoration & maintenance
- To promote recreational and social activities among the members of the society
- To promote public awareness of the historical value of arms
General Meetings for 2019 are:
July, no meeting
Aug, no meeting
Sept 9 (Second Monday due to labour day holiday)
Nov 4 (Annual General Meeting)
Unless otherwise stated, we meet at 7PM at the Kingsway Legion in Edmonton – 14339 50 St NW, Edmonton, AB
NOTICE: Annual General Meeting 2019
7 PM, Kingsway Legion
Elections for 2020 positions
And a fun time for all!